State of the Blog:

The next bazillion entries will be devoted to books that I read a long, long time ago, but am just now getting posted. In case you were wondering.... Also - I am testing something on my blog that will eventually be implemented at the West Lafayette Public Library. Scroll to the bottom of the page and check out the Meebo Widget - it's a text messaging service!

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The Subtle Knife


I read this book over the Christmas vacation, and I was enthralled! This is a great sequel to The Golden Compass. In order to keep from spoiling the book, I can't give you very many details from the beginning of the book, as they relate to the end of the previous book. However, Lyra teams up with a young man and they enter into a quest to save his father and find the truth about Dust. Along the way, they aquire a knife that lends them special powers that will help them in their struggles. I recommend that you have the third book, The Amber Spyglass, ready and waiting because The Subtle Knife leaves you hanging and needing more!

No comments: